Special Primary School for children with intellectual disabilities and autism Dr Zlatan Sremec
(Посебно основно училиште за ученици со пречки во психофизичкиот равој и аутизам „д-р Златан Сремец“)
The Special School “D-r Zlatan Sremec”-Skopje is one of the four public schools for students with intellectual disabilities in Macedonia and it enjoys high rating and recognizable image.
Today the school educates and rehabilitates 108 students with mild to moderate intellectual disability,students with multiple disabilities and students with autistic spectrum disorders aged 6 to 18 years. The students are distributed in 15 departments in the central building and 9 separate units at mainstream schools on the territory of Skopje, which count up to 5-7 students per unit.
The working team is composed from 32 special educators, 4 teachers on specific subjects (music education, technical education, ICT and physical education) and professional support service that consists of psychologist, speech therapist, special educator and rehabilitator and social worker.
All students have access to adapted, balanced and relevant curriculum, based on the National Curriculum of Bureau for Development of Education, which is differentiated and modified for pupils with severe and complex educational needs. The school primarily assess students through reports on individual academic progress and personal development. The emphasis is on characterization through qualitative description. Strong processes for assessment, planning, teaching and reviewing ensure that each student makes the maximum progress in learning. Besides the mandatory classes the students are included in extracurricular activities, such as performances, creative workshops, school visits, walks, picnics, etc. The school has at its disposal a room for sensory integration, Snoezelen room and an outdoor playground with big school yard
- Major of Kisela Voda Municipality Filip Temelkovski @temelce82 visited the first #ASD_EAST training session for… https://t.co/594xrCxkC02 days ago
- Since last week, Macedonian partners Blue Firefly and the Special School D-r Zlatan Sremec are delivering the first… https://t.co/Xo64QwiooB2 days ago
- 👏#ASDEAST was presented to more than 2,200 #autism experts at the #AECongress19 in Nice! Partners @drp0557 and Dr I… https://t.co/1lQAgy4w2f4 weeks ago
- Partners from the UK, Poland, North Macedonia, Croatia & Belgium meet this week in Zagreb to support the effective… https://t.co/c31LukENiF3 months ago
- Vicedean for Science and International Cooperation of the @SveUZgbu https://t.co/n1CeNZalvI. Sandra Bradarić welcom… https://t.co/KH7qDonKNW3 months ago
- Cristina Fernández from @AutismEurope updates partners about our #dissemination activities so far, including the… https://t.co/B0jGWK8Fhv3 months ago
- We are already preparing the #ASD_East conferences! In 2020, we will be in Skopje, Zagreb, Krakow, and Brussels eng… https://t.co/7hB7MqeXBq3 months ago
- Do you know that we have a fantastic website where you can find information about how we work to make schools more… https://t.co/hmvwhMZuof3 months ago
- Project manager @Bramble247 from @UniNorthants explores further dissemination opportunities to reach as much teache… https://t.co/PbPWvBGZvF3 months ago
- More than 50% of mainstream teachers did not express confidence in working with #autism; finding particular challen… https://t.co/YN5YrSX9jn3 months ago
- Dr Ivana Lessner Listiakova from @UniNorthants presents our mapping report, an outcome of more than 300 questionnai… https://t.co/HmMBFZ3uVW3 months ago
- .@drp0557 congratulates the partners for all the successful work done so far, including a mapping report, devwlopin… https://t.co/AVcU8niCNl3 months ago
- Jasmina Stošić welcomes almost 20 #ASD_East partners from North Macedonia, Poland, Belgium, Croatia and the UK who… https://t.co/TmEy38EQFb3 months ago
- Lovely welcome packs, thanks a lot to our colleagues from the @SveUZgbu!!! Today #ASD_East partners are in #Zagreb… https://t.co/ThhigBSuKW3 months ago