Special Primary School for children with intellectual disabilities and autism Dr Zlatan Sremec
(Посебно основно училиште за ученици со пречки во психофизичкиот равој и аутизам „д-р Златан Сремец“)
The Special School “D-r Zlatan Sremec”-Skopje is one of the four public schools for students with intellectual disabilities in Macedonia and it enjoys high rating and recognizable image.
Today the school educates and rehabilitates 108 students with mild to moderate intellectual disability,students with multiple disabilities and students with autistic spectrum disorders aged 6 to 18 years. The students are distributed in 15 departments in the central building and 9 separate units at mainstream schools on the territory of Skopje, which count up to 5-7 students per unit.
The working team is composed from 32 special educators, 4 teachers on specific subjects (music education, technical education, ICT and physical education) and professional support service that consists of psychologist, speech therapist, special educator and rehabilitator and social worker.
All students have access to adapted, balanced and relevant curriculum, based on the National Curriculum of Bureau for Development of Education, which is differentiated and modified for pupils with severe and complex educational needs. The school primarily assess students through reports on individual academic progress and personal development. The emphasis is on characterization through qualitative description. Strong processes for assessment, planning, teaching and reviewing ensure that each student makes the maximum progress in learning. Besides the mandatory classes the students are included in extracurricular activities, such as performances, creative workshops, school visits, walks, picnics, etc. The school has at its disposal a room for sensory integration, Snoezelen room and an outdoor playground with big school yard
- Small but well formed project meeting in NR Macedonia. Good to catch up and discussions with partners @listiaki… https://t.co/yaKp3rcNX43 weeks ago
- Partners from @UniNorthants and @AutismEurope meet today in Brussels to work on the #ASD_East Policy Recommendation… https://t.co/fDv10U86AJ2 months ago
- 📢The 3rd newsletter #ASD_EAST is out! https://t.co/VFEYUAyxGw This issue includes a very special message @drp0557,i… https://t.co/PWE7idnbn93 months ago
- 📰Our 2nd newsletter is out! Check out the latets about our #ASD_EAST #training sessions deilivered in Croatia, Nort… https://t.co/3tpnd9Ewl15 months ago
- This weekend, Polish partners Tamara Cierpiałowska, Anna Bombińska-Domżał, and Sylwia Niemiec delivered the… https://t.co/oD04xupx575 months ago
- This weekend, our partners in Croatia have delivered #ASD_EAST teacher training to 33 mainstream and… https://t.co/rxzMusTNrm5 months ago
- Major of Kisela Voda Municipality Filip Temelkovski @temelce82 visited the first #ASD_EAST training session for… https://t.co/594xrCxkC06 months ago
- Since last week, Macedonian partners Blue Firefly and the Special School D-r Zlatan Sremec are delivering the first… https://t.co/Xo64QwiooB6 months ago
- 👏#ASDEAST was presented to more than 2,200 #autism experts at the #AECongress19 in Nice! Partners @drp0557 and Dr I… https://t.co/1lQAgy4w2f6 months ago
- Partners from the UK, Poland, North Macedonia, Croatia & Belgium meet this week in Zagreb to support the effective… https://t.co/c31LukENiF9 months ago
- Vicedean for Science and International Cooperation of the @SveUZgbu https://t.co/n1CeNZalvI. Sandra Bradarić welcom… https://t.co/KH7qDonKNW9 months ago
- Cristina Fernández from @AutismEurope updates partners about our #dissemination activities so far, including the… https://t.co/B0jGWK8Fhv9 months ago