Special Primary School for children with intellectual disabilities and autism Dr Zlatan Sremec
(Посебно основно училиште за ученици со пречки во психофизичкиот равој и аутизам „д-р Златан Сремец“)
The Special School “D-r Zlatan Sremec”-Skopje is one of the four public schools for students with intellectual disabilities in Macedonia and it enjoys high rating and recognizable image.
Today the school educates and rehabilitates 108 students with mild to moderate intellectual disability,students with multiple disabilities and students with autistic spectrum disorders aged 6 to 18 years. The students are distributed in 15 departments in the central building and 9 separate units at mainstream schools on the territory of Skopje, which count up to 5-7 students per unit.
The working team is composed from 32 special educators, 4 teachers on specific subjects (music education, technical education, ICT and physical education) and professional support service that consists of psychologist, speech therapist, special educator and rehabilitator and social worker.
All students have access to adapted, balanced and relevant curriculum, based on the National Curriculum of Bureau for Development of Education, which is differentiated and modified for pupils with severe and complex educational needs. The school primarily assess students through reports on individual academic progress and personal development. The emphasis is on characterization through qualitative description. Strong processes for assessment, planning, teaching and reviewing ensure that each student makes the maximum progress in learning. Besides the mandatory classes the students are included in extracurricular activities, such as performances, creative workshops, school visits, walks, picnics, etc. The school has at its disposal a room for sensory integration, Snoezelen room and an outdoor playground with big school yard
- The European Dissemination Media Agency, @EUDissemination, has featured an article about the work of the ASD-EAST p… https://t.co/O8rScOl35d1 day ago
- ASD-EAST is excited to announce the extension of all online conferences! The conferences will be available until 3… https://t.co/AyhLqpSH8q1 month ago
- Last Friday ASD-EAST partners participated in an online roundtable with partners involved in the Erasmus+ project… https://t.co/A5UV0Df0EU2 months ago
- Last week ASD-EAST project partners met online for the last Transnational Project Meeting! At the meeting, partners… https://t.co/F8a9Pa21Tg2 months ago
- The project had to move our 4 conferences online because Covid-19. Never imagined we would reach 1000 participants!… https://t.co/TyqJEygAIX2 months ago
- There is still time to register and view the materials. So far we have had 1000 people register. Can we get 1500? T… https://t.co/kbn0jZUPkL2 months ago
- Ova besplatna konferencija promovira projekt edukacije i osnaživanja stručnjaka. Biti će prikazani materijali i kur… https://t.co/l9CP144KWv3 months ago
- Celem tej BEZPŁATNEJ konferencji jest prezentacja programu rozwijającego wiedzę nauczycieli o ASD w kontekście zało… https://t.co/LRAQA6D2LB3 months ago
- Оваа бесплатна конференција го промовира проектот за едукација на стручните лица и ги промовира материјалите и кури… https://t.co/Rpc9zYFIYl3 months ago
- This FREE conference promotes the projects autism teacher education curriculum and training materials, along with o… https://t.co/NSbJcMlN2d3 months ago
- ASD-East project partners joined @AutismEurope's "I can learn. I can work" campaign for #AutismDay2020. 🖌️📕 Read a… https://t.co/pSseIBu0fS4 months ago
- Small but well formed project meeting in NR Macedonia. Good to catch up and discussions with partners @listiaki… https://t.co/yaKp3rcNX45 months ago