Special Primary School for children with intellectual disabilities and autism Dr Zlatan Sremec
(Посебно основно училиште за ученици со пречки во психофизичкиот равој и аутизам „д-р Златан Сремец“)
The Special School “D-r Zlatan Sremec”-Skopje is one of the four public schools for students with intellectual disabilities in Macedonia and it enjoys high rating and recognizable image.
Today the school educates and rehabilitates 108 students with mild to moderate intellectual disability,students with multiple disabilities and students with autistic spectrum disorders aged 6 to 18 years. The students are distributed in 15 departments in the central building and 9 separate units at mainstream schools on the territory of Skopje, which count up to 5-7 students per unit.
The working team is composed from 32 special educators, 4 teachers on specific subjects (music education, technical education, ICT and physical education) and professional support service that consists of psychologist, speech therapist, special educator and rehabilitator and social worker.
All students have access to adapted, balanced and relevant curriculum, based on the National Curriculum of Bureau for Development of Education, which is differentiated and modified for pupils with severe and complex educational needs. The school primarily assess students through reports on individual academic progress and personal development. The emphasis is on characterization through qualitative description. Strong processes for assessment, planning, teaching and reviewing ensure that each student makes the maximum progress in learning. Besides the mandatory classes the students are included in extracurricular activities, such as performances, creative workshops, school visits, walks, picnics, etc. The school has at its disposal a room for sensory integration, Snoezelen room and an outdoor playground with big school yard
Biljana Kujundjikj Nastevska is a special education teacher, graduated at the University of St Cyril and Methodius in Skopje. She has 16 years experience as a special education teacher in two special elementary schools: “Idnina”-Skopje and “D-r Zlatan Sremec”- Skopje.
At the moment she is working as a special education teacher with children with intellectual disabilities and autism in Ss ”D-r Zlatan Sremec”- Skopje.
She was a multiple associate of the Bureau for Development of Education and participated in developing the school programs for children with intellectual disabilities. She has visited training in Sensory integration and she was a part of a project, as a trainer for parents of children with autism.
Biljana's main goal is to improve the quality of life for people with autism and their families.
Marija Deletikj is the Head Teacher of Special School for children with intellectual disabilities and autism Dr. Zlatan Sremec Skopje. She has 14 years experience working as special education teacher in special school for children with intellectual disabilities She is also an early intervention specialist and multiple associate of the Bureau for Development of Education.
The main objective of Marija’s work is to create an outward-facing school which works with other schools and organisations in a climate of mutual challenge to champion best practice, in order to engage with the internal and external school community to secure equity and entitlement. She is committed to encourage all staff to engage in continued professional development to benefit their own learning and secure optimal achievements for all students with special educational needs assuring individual progress of pupils is assessed, recorded, reported and supported, as well as create and maintain an effective partnership with parents and carers to support and improve pupils’ achievement and personal development.
Ana Shikaleska qualified and graduated as a special educator and rehabilitator at the University of Ss Cyril & Methodius in Skopje, Macedonia, and ever since has worked for 12 years with children with autism. Ana has worked in Institution for education and rehabilitation " Topansko Pole" in Skopje for children with severe intelectual disability and child's psihosis, in a state nursery ( kindergarten) as an inclusive special educator and rehabilitator, as a special teacher in Special elementary school " D-r Zlatan Sremec" - Skopje within classes for children with autism and as a headteacher of the same school. At present she is working as a special teacher with children with autism. She has visited trainings in ABA, TEACCH and Sensory integration.
The main goal of Ana’s work is to improve the quality of life of people with autism and their families in their everyday life. She has been involved in projects as a trainer of parents, teachers from mainstream schools, preschool institutions that are in contact with children or people with autism. She is also a multiple associate of the Bureau for Development of Education and participated in developing the school programs for children with autism. Her latest project Open museums included collaboration with a state museum as a trainer for museum workers, and in developing a museum guide for museum workers with other professionals to help them work with people with autism and their families.
- The #ASDEast project is featured on the @AutismEurope newsletter! Read more about the roundtable we hold with the… https://t.co/ObosEe9BB83 years ago
- Going back to school this autumn may be challenging for autistic students who face uncertainty and disruption in ro… https://t.co/q83fqFS7Em3 years ago
- The European Dissemination Media Agency, @EUDissemination, has featured an article about the work of the ASD-EAST p… https://t.co/O8rScOl35d3 years ago
- ASD-EAST is excited to announce the extension of all online conferences! The conferences will be available until 3… https://t.co/AyhLqpSH8q3 years ago
- Last Friday ASD-EAST partners participated in an online roundtable with partners involved in the Erasmus+ project… https://t.co/A5UV0Df0EU3 years ago
- Last week ASD-EAST project partners met online for the last Transnational Project Meeting! At the meeting, partners… https://t.co/F8a9Pa21Tg3 years ago
- The project had to move our 4 conferences online because Covid-19. Never imagined we would reach 1000 participants!… https://t.co/TyqJEygAIX3 years ago
- There is still time to register and view the materials. So far we have had 1000 people register. Can we get 1500? T… https://t.co/kbn0jZUPkL3 years ago
- Ova besplatna konferencija promovira projekt edukacije i osnaživanja stručnjaka. Biti će prikazani materijali i kur… https://t.co/l9CP144KWv3 years ago
- Celem tej BEZPŁATNEJ konferencji jest prezentacja programu rozwijającego wiedzę nauczycieli o ASD w kontekście zało… https://t.co/LRAQA6D2LB3 years ago