Autism-Europe aisbl is an international non-profit organisation established in 1983 and recognised under Belgian law. Its main objective is to advance the rights of autistic people and their families and to help them improve their quality of life.
It ensures effective liaison among almost 90 member autism organisations from 38 European countries, including 26 Member States of the European Union, governments and European and international institutions.
Autism-Europe plays a key role in raising public awareness, and in influencing the European decision-makers on all issues relating to the rights of autistic people.
Self-advocates and families play a central role in our organisation to ensure that the views and interests of persons with autism are adequately reflected in our work.
Autism-Europe is recognised by the European institutions as the voice of autistic people and their families in Europe. To maximise its impact on the European Union’s policies, Autism-Europe also works in strategic coalitions with organisations that share the same concerns and goals.
Autism-Europe is also regularly consulted by the World Health Organisation (WHO) and cooperate with the United Nations (UN). Autism-Europe also enjoys a participative status (for non-governmental organisations) with the Council of Europe and in July 2002 lodged a collective complaint with the European Committee of Social Rights, becoming the first disability NGO to undertake such action.
- Partners from @UniNorthants and @AutismEurope meet today in Brussels to work on the #ASD_East Policy Recommendation… https://t.co/fDv10U86AJ1 month ago
- 📢The 3rd newsletter #ASD_EAST is out! https://t.co/VFEYUAyxGw This issue includes a very special message @drp0557,i… https://t.co/PWE7idnbn92 months ago
- 📰Our 2nd newsletter is out! Check out the latets about our #ASD_EAST #training sessions deilivered in Croatia, Nort… https://t.co/3tpnd9Ewl14 months ago
- This weekend, Polish partners Tamara Cierpiałowska, Anna Bombińska-Domżał, and Sylwia Niemiec delivered the… https://t.co/oD04xupx574 months ago
- This weekend, our partners in Croatia have delivered #ASD_EAST teacher training to 33 mainstream and… https://t.co/rxzMusTNrm4 months ago
- Major of Kisela Voda Municipality Filip Temelkovski @temelce82 visited the first #ASD_EAST training session for… https://t.co/594xrCxkC04 months ago
- Since last week, Macedonian partners Blue Firefly and the Special School D-r Zlatan Sremec are delivering the first… https://t.co/Xo64QwiooB4 months ago
- 👏#ASDEAST was presented to more than 2,200 #autism experts at the #AECongress19 in Nice! Partners @drp0557 and Dr I… https://t.co/1lQAgy4w2f5 months ago
- Partners from the UK, Poland, North Macedonia, Croatia & Belgium meet this week in Zagreb to support the effective… https://t.co/c31LukENiF8 months ago
- Vicedean for Science and International Cooperation of the @SveUZgbu https://t.co/n1CeNZalvI. Sandra Bradarić welcom… https://t.co/KH7qDonKNW8 months ago
- Cristina Fernández from @AutismEurope updates partners about our #dissemination activities so far, including the… https://t.co/B0jGWK8Fhv8 months ago