The Faculty of Education and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Zagreb
The Faculty of Education and Rehabilitation Sciences (ERF), University of Zagreb. The University of Zagreb, founded in 1669, is the oldest and largest university within Croatia. Since its foundation the University has been continuously developing, and it now comprises 33 separate faculties and academies. With over 50,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students, the University is both the strongest teaching institution within Croatia and also a strongly research-oriented institution, contributing over 50% of the total research output of the country. ERF is the central and only higher education institution in the Republic of Croatia providing education for professionals who will work with persons who have special needs.
The faculty’s mission is to provide education and undertake research founded on scientific knowledge within the fields of special education and rehabilitation, social and educational inclusion, social pedagogy and disability. Teaching and research activity is undertaken at undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral and specialist levels. The faculty includes a centre for rehabilitation: this is a clinical unit and teaching base, developed in 1997 to support children with developmental disabilities and their families. Since that time the Centre has become a teaching and training base for students and professionals, as well as providing clinical services. A wide range of research and professional projects relating to autism, disability and inclusion are undertaken within ERF.
Dr Natalija Lisak is an Assistant Professor within the Faculty of Education and Rehabilitation Sciences at University of Zagreb. She is working on Department of Inclusive Education and Rehabilitation. Her scientific interests are focused on educational and social inclusion, the rights of people with disabilities and the family quality of life. She is an expert in both qualitative and quantitative methods of data collection and analysis. She teaches undergraduate and graduate students through four obligated courses: Introduction into Inclusive Education and Rehabilitation, Qualitative Methodology, Quantitative Methodology and Statistics. She is involved into international projects connected with evidence based education model for inclusion and innovative adult learning approach through developing, implementing and validating a psycho-educational and social intervention program for parents of children with special needs. Most of her projects were or are mainly aimed to facilitate the educational and social inclusion for children and people with disabilities and their family members. She is also focused on counselling of parents of children with intellectual disabilities based on the significant events in their life courses collected through their life stories.
Jasmina Stošić is an assistant professor on the Faculty of Education and Rehabilitation Sciences University of Zagreb. She holds a PhD in Special Education, has been trained in both the TEACCH and Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA). Through the ERF's clinical center, she works with children with autism and their families, undertaking diagnostic assessments and providing consultation and support for parents, in addition to undertaking assessments and providing recommendations for school support. She provides consultation to mainstream schools within Croatia regarding the effective inclusion of children with autism. Jasmina has coordinated and participated in 5 Croatian and 4 international research projects. She has published on autism within both Croatian and international journals (e.g. Daniels et al. 2017; Preece et al. 2017; Stošić 2010).
- The #ASDEast project is featured on the @AutismEurope newsletter! Read more about the roundtable we hold with the… https://t.co/ObosEe9BB83 years ago
- Going back to school this autumn may be challenging for autistic students who face uncertainty and disruption in ro… https://t.co/q83fqFS7Em3 years ago
- The European Dissemination Media Agency, @EUDissemination, has featured an article about the work of the ASD-EAST p… https://t.co/O8rScOl35d3 years ago
- ASD-EAST is excited to announce the extension of all online conferences! The conferences will be available until 3… https://t.co/AyhLqpSH8q3 years ago
- Last Friday ASD-EAST partners participated in an online roundtable with partners involved in the Erasmus+ project… https://t.co/A5UV0Df0EU3 years ago
- Last week ASD-EAST project partners met online for the last Transnational Project Meeting! At the meeting, partners… https://t.co/F8a9Pa21Tg3 years ago
- The project had to move our 4 conferences online because Covid-19. Never imagined we would reach 1000 participants!… https://t.co/TyqJEygAIX3 years ago
- There is still time to register and view the materials. So far we have had 1000 people register. Can we get 1500? T… https://t.co/kbn0jZUPkL3 years ago
- Ova besplatna konferencija promovira projekt edukacije i osnaživanja stručnjaka. Biti će prikazani materijali i kur… https://t.co/l9CP144KWv3 years ago
- Celem tej BEZPŁATNEJ konferencji jest prezentacja programu rozwijającego wiedzę nauczycieli o ASD w kontekście zało… https://t.co/LRAQA6D2LB3 years ago