Centre for Autism
The Centre for Autism is a GO based in Zagreb which provides a range of educational, vocational and social services to individuals with autism, those with learning disabilities and their families across Croatia. The Centre for Autism is committed to meeting the needs of these individuals and their families, addressing their education, emotional and spiritual welfare and wellbeing.
Founded in 1981, its programmes include:
– a pre-school programme,
– an education programme for 7-15 year old students
– a holiday programme – including opportunities for young people to go to the countryside
– a sports club
– an adult day care programme, for 86 individuals
– a learning disability programme, for 94 individuals in education classes, day care and work settings
– accommodation, for 60 adults and 12 children
– in total 213 children and adults
The age range of services users is from three years to those in their fifties.
A range of therapists are based within Centre, which also provides crisis support and consultation services to families.
The Centre works closely with local communities, with local industry and with academic partners. For example, its adult housing programme has been developed in conjunction with the local neighbourhood residents’ organisation, with utility companies such as Croatian Electricity and Croatian Waste Water, and with the University of Zagreb. A cooperative company run by young people with autism is based there, producing ceramic, textiles and artworks which are then sold, developing the young people’s entrepreneurial talents. The Centre also produces an annual academic journal, ‘Autism’.
The Centre for Autism is the major GO in Croatia working with individuals with autism and their families. Over its 30+ year history it has developed close links with those developing policy and planning, with parent organisations within Croatia and with academic partners.
Also important is the work with mainstream schools. Some of CZA students visit twice per week mainstream school programmes like PE, Art and Music. Within CZA is an educated group of teachers that provide professional support for teachers who work with students with ASD in mainstream schools. This work is organized together with Education and Teacher Training Agency in Croatia.
- The #ASDEast project is featured on the @AutismEurope newsletter! Read more about the roundtable we hold with the… https://t.co/ObosEe9BB82 years ago
- Going back to school this autumn may be challenging for autistic students who face uncertainty and disruption in ro… https://t.co/q83fqFS7Em2 years ago
- The European Dissemination Media Agency, @EUDissemination, has featured an article about the work of the ASD-EAST p… https://t.co/O8rScOl35d2 years ago
- ASD-EAST is excited to announce the extension of all online conferences! The conferences will be available until 3… https://t.co/AyhLqpSH8q2 years ago
- Last Friday ASD-EAST partners participated in an online roundtable with partners involved in the Erasmus+ project… https://t.co/A5UV0Df0EU2 years ago
- Last week ASD-EAST project partners met online for the last Transnational Project Meeting! At the meeting, partners… https://t.co/F8a9Pa21Tg2 years ago
- The project had to move our 4 conferences online because Covid-19. Never imagined we would reach 1000 participants!… https://t.co/TyqJEygAIX2 years ago
- There is still time to register and view the materials. So far we have had 1000 people register. Can we get 1500? T… https://t.co/kbn0jZUPkL2 years ago
- Ova besplatna konferencija promovira projekt edukacije i osnaživanja stručnjaka. Biti će prikazani materijali i kur… https://t.co/l9CP144KWv3 years ago
- Celem tej BEZPŁATNEJ konferencji jest prezentacja programu rozwijającego wiedzę nauczycieli o ASD w kontekście zało… https://t.co/LRAQA6D2LB3 years ago