Association for improving quality of life of people with autism spectrum disorders “Blue Firefly“
(Здружение за унапредување на квалитетот на живот на лицата со аутистичен спектар на нарушување „Сина светулка“)
Association for improving quality of life of people with autism spectrum disorders “Blue Firefly“ was established on 28.02.2017 based on the 15 years of experience of the founders of organization.
Mission of the organization is: “Improving the quality of life of persons with autism and their families, raising awareness about the potential of children and adults with autism spectrum disorders through education and direct support of children and adults with autism, their families, professionals and the general public “.
Vision of the organization is: “Inclusion of people with autism spectrum disorders in all spheres of society.” Our areas of action are: disability, autism spectrum disorders (ASD), education, quality of life and social inclusion.
Goals of the organization are: Improvement of the quality of life of children and persons with (ASD) and their families by detecting and maximizing their potential; Treatment of children and persons with ASD and their families; Education of families and professionals for methods of working with children and persons with ASD and their families; Promotion of rights and promotion of new ideas for improving the quality of life; Provision of services for children and persons with ASD; Encouraging scientific and professional work in this field and social inclusion of persons with ASD.
Members of the organization are professionals, parents, people with autism and others who want to work on activities for improving the quality of life of people with autism and their families.
Recent activities: 25 workshops with professionals, 2 Fundraising activities – Musical Concerts, Donation of materials for making visual support for student with ASD for spec. ed. Teachers, Parent meeting for support, Individual support of children with ASD (on going)
Anita Stojchevska is a special educator and rehabilitator and the best student of the generation 2010-2014. Has a master's degree in juvenile delinquency with an average of 10.00. She is a member of the Association for Improving the Quality of Life of People with Autism Spectrum Disorders (Blue Firefly). She has 5 years of active working experience with children and adolescents with ASD. She is currently employed as a special educator and rehabilitator in a professional service at the secondary school "Kiro Burnaz", Kumanovo.
She is actively attending trainings and seminars on autism. There have been trainings in the framework of school projects for raising awareness of autism and sharing experiences with other countries.
Her primary goals are: improving the quality of life of people with ASD as well as their families, actively increasing the public awareness of autism, enhancing the existing potential for practical work in primary and secondary schools for students with ASD.
Jasmina Troshanska is President of the “Association for Improving the Quality of Life of People with Autism Spectrum Disorders - Blue Firefly", special education teacher working in special school for children with intellectual disabilities for 15 years and has doctorate devoted to sensory problems in children with autism. She is also certified Montessori teacher for children from 3 to 6 years old.
The main objective of Jasmina’s work is to improve the quality of life of people with autism in the country. She is involved in projects as a trainer of parents, teachers from mainstream schools, preschool institutions and others professionals that are in contact with children or people with autism. She is also a multiple associate of the Bureau for Development of Education and participates in campaigns to raise awareness about autism through different kind of media. Currently she is project coordinator of two Erasmus projects and lecturer at the Faculty of Special Education and Rehabilitation.
- The #ASDEast project is featured on the @AutismEurope newsletter! Read more about the roundtable we hold with the… https://t.co/ObosEe9BB83 years ago
- Going back to school this autumn may be challenging for autistic students who face uncertainty and disruption in ro… https://t.co/q83fqFS7Em3 years ago
- The European Dissemination Media Agency, @EUDissemination, has featured an article about the work of the ASD-EAST p… https://t.co/O8rScOl35d3 years ago
- ASD-EAST is excited to announce the extension of all online conferences! The conferences will be available until 3… https://t.co/AyhLqpSH8q3 years ago
- Last Friday ASD-EAST partners participated in an online roundtable with partners involved in the Erasmus+ project… https://t.co/A5UV0Df0EU3 years ago
- Last week ASD-EAST project partners met online for the last Transnational Project Meeting! At the meeting, partners… https://t.co/F8a9Pa21Tg3 years ago
- The project had to move our 4 conferences online because Covid-19. Never imagined we would reach 1000 participants!… https://t.co/TyqJEygAIX3 years ago
- There is still time to register and view the materials. So far we have had 1000 people register. Can we get 1500? T… https://t.co/kbn0jZUPkL3 years ago
- Ova besplatna konferencija promovira projekt edukacije i osnaživanja stručnjaka. Biti će prikazani materijali i kur… https://t.co/l9CP144KWv3 years ago
- Celem tej BEZPŁATNEJ konferencji jest prezentacja programu rozwijającego wiedzę nauczycieli o ASD w kontekście zało… https://t.co/LRAQA6D2LB3 years ago