Special Primary School for children with intellectual disabilities and autism Dr Zlatan Sremec
(Посебно основно училиште за ученици со пречки во психофизичкиот равој и аутизам „д-р Златан Сремец“)
The Special School “D-r Zlatan Sremec”-Skopje is one of the four public schools for students with intellectual disabilities in Macedonia and it enjoys high rating and recognizable image.
Today the school educates and rehabilitates 108 students with mild to moderate intellectual disability,students with multiple disabilities and students with autistic spectrum disorders aged 6 to 18 years. The students are distributed in 15 departments in the central building and 9 separate units at mainstream schools on the territory of Skopje, which count up to 5-7 students per unit.
The working team is composed from 32 special educators, 4 teachers on specific subjects (music education, technical education, ICT and physical education) and professional support service that consists of psychologist, speech therapist, special educator and rehabilitator and social worker.
All students have access to adapted, balanced and relevant curriculum, based on the National Curriculum of Bureau for Development of Education, which is differentiated and modified for pupils with severe and complex educational needs. The school primarily assess students through reports on individual academic progress and personal development. The emphasis is on characterization through qualitative description. Strong processes for assessment, planning, teaching and reviewing ensure that each student makes the maximum progress in learning. Besides the mandatory classes the students are included in extracurricular activities, such as performances, creative workshops, school visits, walks, picnics, etc. The school has at its disposal a room for sensory integration, Snoezelen room and an outdoor playground with big school yard
- The #ASDEast project is featured on the @AutismEurope newsletter! Read more about the roundtable we hold with the… https://t.co/ObosEe9BB811 months ago
- Going back to school this autumn may be challenging for autistic students who face uncertainty and disruption in ro… https://t.co/q83fqFS7Em11 months ago
- The European Dissemination Media Agency, @EUDissemination, has featured an article about the work of the ASD-EAST p… https://t.co/O8rScOl35d12 months ago
- ASD-EAST is excited to announce the extension of all online conferences! The conferences will be available until 3… https://t.co/AyhLqpSH8q1 year ago
- Last Friday ASD-EAST partners participated in an online roundtable with partners involved in the Erasmus+ project… https://t.co/A5UV0Df0EU1 year ago
- Last week ASD-EAST project partners met online for the last Transnational Project Meeting! At the meeting, partners… https://t.co/F8a9Pa21Tg1 year ago
- The project had to move our 4 conferences online because Covid-19. Never imagined we would reach 1000 participants!… https://t.co/TyqJEygAIX1 year ago
- There is still time to register and view the materials. So far we have had 1000 people register. Can we get 1500? T… https://t.co/kbn0jZUPkL1 year ago
- Ova besplatna konferencija promovira projekt edukacije i osnaživanja stručnjaka. Biti će prikazani materijali i kur… https://t.co/l9CP144KWv1 year ago
- Celem tej BEZPŁATNEJ konferencji jest prezentacja programu rozwijającego wiedzę nauczycieli o ASD w kontekście zało… https://t.co/LRAQA6D2LB1 year ago